Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wild Bunch is an outlaw posse in Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption.

Join the: Wild Bunch Cafe Press Shop and Facebook Posse! Wild Bunch GALLERY now officially open!
BIG SPENDER: lifeundone
Donate to get whores for the Whore Shop! All money donated will help me pay for the site. Thanks!
Rock Star sent us an EXCLUSIVE screenshot! Check it out HERE!

+14
Blaze
Some Drunk SOB
Fate
DannyTheDog
Maverick
DonegalExpress
NonDairy Soup
ray4594
Doodle
Balboa2
wickedraist
The_J33
SwatAgent99
El Loony
18 posters

Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** -Guess who's back?!?-

El Loony
    El Loony
    Brigand
    Brigand

Whores : 436
    Wanted Level : 8

Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** -Guess who's back?!?- Empty Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** -Guess who's back?!?-

Post by El Loony Sat May 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Evenin', fine gents. Sorry Good Ol' Loon hasn't been around in a long while, but I've been away from that there intrawebz in the fear of spoilers for RDR. Well, I just finished the game, and Loony is back, full-force! ... Well, maybe half-a-force, since my PC is crapping out, and I can only get online through my PS3, so Loon's Chatbox will go without it's Daily Dose of Vitamin L.

Now, I'm not gonna spoil the game a whole bunch, but I placed the spoiler tag because I'm sure some are dying to discuss the maginificent ending of RDR.

Personally, my jaw just plain dropped, and allow me to tell you fellowes to finish the I Know You Stranger's Task before you complete the game.

SPOILERS BELOW (PS3 won't allow me to use the spoiler thing, and I forgot what the tags were, help?)

Now, I hope R* follows up strng with some delicious DLC, maybe a fully fleshed Story Mode for Jack. Also, I would love to see more of Mr. Rickett.

Anyways, discuss away!
    SwatAgent99
    SwatAgent99
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 255
    Wanted Level : 15

Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** -Guess who's back?!?- Empty Re: Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** -Guess who's back?!?-

Post by SwatAgent99 Sun May 23, 2010 3:27 pm

The ending was beautiful. Magnificent. Marston's death is symbolic of the death of the West. It evokes such an emotional response. It was just so fucking brilliant.

As for your ideas on DLC, a story mode for Jack would be cool but unnecessary. And as for Landon Ricketts, who is clearly the coolest side character in the game, I believe the last newspaper said he passed away so any DLC would have to be prior to his death. Razz
    The_J33
    The_J33
    Branded
    Branded

Whores : 68
    Wanted Level : 1

Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** -Guess who's back?!?- Empty Re: Ending Discussion **SPOILERS** -Guess who's back?!?-

Post by The_J33 Mon May 24, 2010 9:25 am

Alright on the I Know You task was the stranger God? That's what it seems like to me because he says a lot of people damn him (God damnit). He also can't be killed and he was also making sure Marston changed his ways.
    wickedraist
    wickedraist
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 405
    Wanted Level : 9

Post by wickedraist Mon May 24, 2010 1:00 pm

SwatAgent99 wrote:The ending was beautiful. Magnificent. Marston's death is symbolic of the death of the West. It evokes such an emotional response. It was just so fucking brilliant.

As for your ideas on DLC, a story mode for Jack would be cool but unnecessary. And as for Landon Ricketts, who is clearly the coolest side character in the game, I believe the last newspaper said he passed away so any DLC would have to be prior to his death. Razz

well the truth is that all DLC is unnecessary. But how i see it, DLC just pumps some new life into a older game.

(a patch is not DLC, its a fix)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think with all the many cool areas in RDR. that the DLC could be limitless. Just like gay tony, they could have nothing to do with the previous story!
    El Loony
    El Loony
    Brigand
    Brigand

Post by El Loony Tue May 25, 2010 9:20 am

Well, true, Jack's story is done at the end of RDR, but there are 3 years from John's death to Jack's revenge, and Rickett died a few weeks prior to Jack's revenge.

My idea? A Jack/Ricketts based Co-Op Story. The story will be based around Mr. Rickett taking a desperate Jack Marston under his wing, picking up where John left off. Rickett will teach Jack how to become a succesful shot while helping those around him. Jack could also be the one to encourage Rickett to write his biography.

If you play alone, you can pick between either Jack or Rickett at will. Rickett will start with Dead Eye 3, more accurace, but due to age, he'll be slower and take less punishment. Jack, on the other hand, will be more flexible and agile, but start off with Dead Eye 1 and less accuracy in his shots, however, as the story passes (with small time skips to portrait Jack's growth), he will grow more accurate and aquire Dead Eye 3. Co-Op will set players to a character.
    Balboa2
    Balboa2
    Outlaw
    Outlaw

Whores : 796
    Wanted Level : 18

Post by Balboa2 Tue May 25, 2010 3:37 pm

I found that the whole ending sequence was great and it really helped that Marston spent time with his family for some missions before the story ended.
    I can say that I have never felt as strongly as I did with the end of Red Dead than any other game has made me feel. A truly heart-breaking yet remarkable ending.
    I don't think anything will ever beat that final standoff with that dozen or so men outside the barn. It could not of been done better. Cheers Rockstar on a wonderful creation.
    Doodle
    Doodle
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 304
    Wanted Level : 12

Post by Doodle Tue May 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Worse ending ever. For me it its ruined the whole game and i almost dont want to do all the things that i hadnt done yet.

Personally i think Jack is annoying, hes is no way cool. Strangers tasks, etc now make no sense what so ever.

So that lady has been waiting 3 years in a church for "John Marston" to give her $200 i got from shooting some guy?

Why kill the best character in a game of all time. Now i might be missing something but is the game complete now i seen them at the grave stones or what?

You say Jacks revenge but nothings on my screens at all? Am i missing something?

OK EDIT!

Right so i found out about the REAL ending. So ive done that... A little better i mean it leads on nicely to a number 2. Jack becoming an Outlaw or something i suppose.

Im still disappointed.... Lets face it hes just not as cool
    The_J33
    The_J33
    Branded
    Branded

Whores : 68

Post by The_J33 Tue May 25, 2010 5:01 pm

No Doodle there should be a task that comes up called my family or something and it appears in Blackwater. It really brings the story to a close if you do that task.
    ray4594
    ray4594
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 271
    Wanted Level : 7

Post by ray4594 Tue May 25, 2010 5:44 pm

the part where you walk out of the barn as marston and you watch all of those soldiers in front of you, and you cannot do anything but look was so dramatic and emotional. It forces you to watch the last stand while at the same time you hope Marston will survive but it truth you know he will die. Very well done, not to mention to those father son-mother-uncle tasks that you had to do, so you would get emotionally attached to Johns family before he dies.
    Doodle
    Doodle
    Goon
    Goon

Post by Doodle Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

yea clever ending but i want to be martson. However having played some single player with Jack hes ok i supose.
    NonDairy Soup
    NonDairy Soup
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 132
    Wanted Level : 3

Post by NonDairy Soup Tue May 25, 2010 8:57 pm

It's so heart-breaking. He did everything for his family and in the end he died for them. Such a great and sad ending. I think this definitely leaves the possibility for a RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2.

Question: HOW do I get the other ending? If you post WHAT the othere ending is, please post individual spoilers. (I got the ending where Marston dies and you become Jack)

In the second one, hopefully, you're Jack and you're hunting down Edgar Ross and Archer Fordham.
    Motherfuckers will bleed. Razz
    El Loony
    El Loony
    Brigand
    Brigand

Post by El Loony Wed May 26, 2010 1:15 am

Soup, after you take control of Jack, head into Blackwater, and look on your map for a Stranger Task called "Remember my Family?"

And I am sad for John's death, but it was moving, especially when it symbolizes the death of the Old West.

And I guess a lot of people dislike Jack because of his voice, and while I do agree he sounds annoying, I can't help but like him simply because he's John's succesor.

I am, however, disappointed that there's not more nods to Revolver. Maybe and aged Red could've been the final optional duel fight, and if you won, you could've gotten the Scorpion gun. That would've been cool.
    Doodle
    Doodle
    Goon
    Goon

Post by Doodle Wed May 26, 2010 7:59 am

I dont think it would have mattered. Personally i dont think alot of people played "revolver" so it wouldnt have made sense or been picked up on.

The only thing im left confused about is now i completed the game it still says on rockstar social that ive done 49/ however many missions. About 9 left to do or something?

Ive done like 85% of the game now so i dont reli get what they can be.
    DonegalExpress
    DonegalExpress
    Infamous
    Infamous

Whores : 855
    Wanted Level : 18

Post by DonegalExpress Thu May 27, 2010 1:50 am

No video game has ever pulled emotion from me like the ending of this one did. I surely didn't see that coming. But I'm a but confused. Was there a particular reason those dudes decided to kill him? They didn't really explain reasoning. And does this mean R* doesn't plan on a new one? If the west is dead, surely not as many people would be into another one. I would though. I love the Victorian era.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Branded
    Branded

Whores : 83

Post by Maverick Thu May 27, 2010 4:41 am

The ending was so sad. Damn didnt see it coming. Soup is right there are alot of possibilities for RDR2 or DLC at least.
    Doodle
    Doodle
    Goon
    Goon

Post by Doodle Thu May 27, 2010 5:08 am

Well DLC could have been "the revenge of" but now it cant really. I mean i supose it could be Jack becoming an outlaw in the modernisation of the west. or something like that?
    SwatAgent99
    SwatAgent99
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 255
    Wanted Level : 15

Post by SwatAgent99 Sat May 29, 2010 12:06 am

ray4594 wrote:the part where you walk out of the barn as marston and you watch all of those soldiers in front of you, and you cannot do anything but look was so dramatic and emotional. It forces you to watch the last stand while at the same time you hope Marston will survive but it truth you know he will die. Very well done, not to mention to those father son-mother-uncle tasks that you had to do, so you would get emotionally attached to Johns family before he dies.

My point exactly. It was just so fucking powerful watching Marston die. Watching an entire generation of men die in that very moment.

I almost teared.
    DannyTheDog
    DannyTheDog
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 308
    Wanted Level : 4

Post by DannyTheDog Sat May 29, 2010 5:24 pm

the ending was really cool with the whole busting out of the barn and running to the army guys, fist of fury style. i too dont like jacks voice and his long hair is annoying but still hes pretty ,much the same guy. also i think the idea about landon ricketts training jack to that point where we see him at the very end is an awesome idea. personally i think that for the next one they should do a 'new' western like no country for old men or Justified even though that may be too like gta. i'm still shocked at john's death man, i thought the wife and kid would die, i never saw that barn thing coming man, shit.
    NonDairy Soup
    NonDairy Soup
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 132

Post by NonDairy Soup Sun May 30, 2010 11:07 am

I did the stranger quest: Remember my family. I was like OH YEAH EAT THAT YOU FUCKING DOUCHER BLAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!@!!!!!
    Fate
    Fate
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 378
    Wanted Level : 21

Post by Fate Sun May 30, 2010 7:12 pm

I was sat on the edge of my chair as John peeked out of the barn saying "Don't do it man, don't you fucking do it." I teared up when he started choking and stuff, and it takes a lot for me to cry at movies or games.
    Some Drunk SOB
    Some Drunk SOB
    Drifter
    Drifter

Whores : 135

Post by Some Drunk SOB Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 pm

I agree that Jack is an annoying lil bugger, but he's worth putting up with just to have that ending. My hat is off to R*. Truly moving.

Luckily I made a manual save just before that last mission, so I can still go back and play as John when I want.

Hopefully R* will jump on the DLC bandwagon and start cranking out some story driven SP DLC. If Episodes from Liberty City proved anything, it's that they know how to do it right.

I just hope M$ doesn't pay for exclusive rights again.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Branded
    Branded

Whores : 96
    Wanted Level : 2

Post by Blaze Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:10 pm

I agree jack is annoying, but lets face it, noone could top john marsron.
    After playing with him, theres no going back to a different charachter.
    But god when he died, i was euphoric, and truly, deeply sad.
    The first, because it's such a beautiful ending.
    I bet everyone here tried to kill as many as possible, even though you knew you didn't stand a chance.
    I was extremely sad because he died ofcourse, and i really liked him and his family.
    I just hated seeing him lieing on the fround, bleeding to death.
    I do have one question though.
    What happens when you disarm edgar ross?
    wickedraist
    wickedraist
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 405
    Wanted Level : 9

Post by wickedraist Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Blaze wrote:I agree jack is annoying, but lets face it, noone could top john marsron.
    After playing with him, theres no going back to a different charachter.
    But god when he died, i was euphoric, and truly, deeply sad.
    The first, because it's such a beautiful ending.
    I bet everyone here tried to kill as many as possible, even though you knew you didn't stand a chance.
    I was extremely sad because he died ofcourse, and i really liked him and his family.
    I just hated seeing him lieing on the fround, bleeding to death.
    I do have one question though.
    What happens when you disarm edgar ross?

Its a duel to the death. You cant disarm him.I put all six bullets in his head. I hate that guy
    JesseJames
    JesseJames
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 145
    Wanted Level : 4

Post by JesseJames Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 am

SwatAgent99 wrote:
    ray4594 wrote:the part where you walk out of the barn as marston and you watch all of those soldiers in front of you, and you cannot do anything but look was so dramatic and emotional. It forces you to watch the last stand while at the same time you hope Marston will survive but it truth you know he will die. Very well done, not to mention to those father son-mother-uncle tasks that you had to do, so you would get emotionally attached to Johns family before he dies.

My point exactly. It was just so fucking powerful watching Marston die. Watching an entire generation of men die in that very moment.

I almost teared.

Lol
    Fate
    Fate
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 378
    Wanted Level : 21

Post by Fate Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:33 pm

John Marston lives.

"Jack's real name is John Marston, Jr. This is discovered in the back of the game manual, where he is listed as John "Jack" Marston Jr., and by looking at his mission icon."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 am