Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wild Bunch is an outlaw posse in Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption.

Join the: Wild Bunch Cafe Press Shop and Facebook Posse! Wild Bunch GALLERY now officially open!
BIG SPENDER: lifeundone
Donate to get whores for the Whore Shop! All money donated will help me pay for the site. Thanks!
Rock Star sent us an EXCLUSIVE screenshot! Check it out HERE!

+6
Bitter Marston
Creepsville
Balboa2
Fate
wickedraist
El Loony
10 posters

Gamers: Watch this, is a good video

El Loony
    El Loony
    Brigand
    Brigand

Whores : 436
    Wanted Level : 8

Gamers: Watch this, is a good video Empty Gamers: Watch this, is a good video

Post by El Loony Tue May 04, 2010 1:04 pm

The Only Thing I Know

It's a good insight to gaming as a hobby and value, although it may turn some people away from the bluntness.
    wickedraist
    wickedraist
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 405
    Wanted Level : 9

Gamers: Watch this, is a good video Empty Re: Gamers: Watch this, is a good video

Post by wickedraist Tue May 04, 2010 4:24 pm

this video has opened my eyes and i vow to quit gaming.......after i beat RDR 3 times and reach lvl 50 on MP.lol
    Fate
    Fate
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 378
    Wanted Level : 21

Gamers: Watch this, is a good video Empty Re: Gamers: Watch this, is a good video

Post by Fate Tue May 04, 2010 5:20 pm

I've somehow managed to find a perfect balance between my gaming and social life.
    It's not perfect, I mean... I can see myself ever so slowly gaining weight. I know I've wasted years of my life away on games, and to be completely honest I don't really mind. Who knows if I'll regret it in years to come, chances are I will. But I'll just blame it on myself, it was my choice!

And this ladies and gentlemen, concludes Fate's long, pointless and not very deep post.
    Balboa2
    Balboa2
    Outlaw
    Outlaw

Whores : 796
    Wanted Level : 18

Post by Balboa2 Tue May 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Lol, great video. I agree to an extent but games just like sports, or many other things are just a hobby and I am proud to say that video games are one of my hobbies. They don't entirely consume my life but I do put quite a bit of time into them and as far as money goes, it's like everything else....It costs money....Yes, games are pricey but when u go to the movies it's $12 for a ticket for 2 hours of entertainment. Games like RDR give us so much value for $80 and again its a choice we make to play games for hours. Don't let one guys experience change your outlook, but at the same time, make time for other things.
    Creepsville
    Creepsville
    Enforcer
    Enforcer

Whores : 345
    Wanted Level : 36

Post by Creepsville Tue May 04, 2010 6:08 pm

When I game too much, I know I'm not at my best. I can't help but recall history, where Roman leaders kept their peoples distracted and busy with "games and vices".

So I vowed long ago to find a balance. I walk a line. I'm super picky about games I play. I let myself get into them but I need to get something more out of them than just entertainment. I need some kind of inspiration to spring out of me artistically.

ME 2 got me to write a short story.

RDR got me to helm the design of this website.

Etc.

A game is more than entertainment to some. To some of us artsy types is an inspiration machine.
    El Loony
    El Loony
    Brigand
    Brigand

Whores : 436
    Wanted Level : 8

Post by El Loony Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Before anyone else says, I'm not posting this to particularly point people on here out, I think it's a good watch.

However, I also posted it because I was pretty awful in my grade school years, before I quit for a few years. There is balance, and gaming isn't exactly at fault, but rather, people who let it consume them
    Bitter Marston
    Bitter Marston
    Outlaw
    Outlaw

Whores : 622
    Wanted Level : 19

Post by Bitter Marston Sun May 09, 2010 4:29 am

games are inspiration and a fun way to pass time. He said that too much video games are bad but too much of anything is bad except money, love, and friendship. So I agree me and other gamers shouldn't play games as much as we do, but everything needs to be in moderation
    mikkel0505
    mikkel0505
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 122
    Wanted Level : 4

Post by mikkel0505 Sun May 09, 2010 5:45 am

It's just like everything else in life, you gotta find a balance, too much of anything is bad if you let it consume everything else...
    DonegalExpress
    DonegalExpress
    Infamous
    Infamous

Whores : 855
    Wanted Level : 18

Post by DonegalExpress Sun May 16, 2010 2:28 pm

I've done well with balancing games and life. My mom brought me home this weird device called a PlayStation one day when I came home from my Kindergarten class. My first game was Crash Bandicoot. I've been sucked in ever since. But I still have a social life, I hang out with friends and family, and I've played guitar for 4 years now and I just taught myself mandolin. So I do many other things, I just really love video games. And I think I always will.
    LanceX2
    LanceX2
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 105
    Wanted Level : 2

Post by LanceX2 Sun May 16, 2010 6:07 pm

I love gaming alot but I quit World Of Warcraft because it drove my wife crazy...and i sold my character for 220 dollars haha. Now I play on my consoles much more then my computer. She doesnt mind because I can pause games or at least sit by her Very Happy

I work 50 hours a week too and only play 3 hours weekdays unless RDR comes out.

There is a balance in what you can do and still game Very Happy
    DarkDeciever89
    DarkDeciever89
    Enforcer
    Enforcer

Whores : 327
    Wanted Level : 13

Post by DarkDeciever89 Sun May 16, 2010 6:43 pm

I play video games. I also have a long term girlfriend, play drums attend university work for Quiksilver, Skateboard, Ski, Snowboard and go out ALOT. But I also come on here a lot, it is balanced! I understand where this guy is coming from and really enjoyed the video but it is his own fault and it is good he admits that. It is a shame that a consumer of something so many people enjoy in moderation has taken it too extremes and feels it has ruined his life. But it is great how he talks about the community as we see everyday on here!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 am