Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wild Bunch is an outlaw posse in Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption.

Join the: Wild Bunch Cafe Press Shop and Facebook Posse! Wild Bunch GALLERY now officially open!
BIG SPENDER: lifeundone
Donate to get whores for the Whore Shop! All money donated will help me pay for the site. Thanks!
Rock Star sent us an EXCLUSIVE screenshot! Check it out HERE!

4 posters

Rare Items/Gifts

hellafied
    hellafied
    Branded
    Branded

Whores : 106
    Wanted Level : 10

Rare Items/Gifts Empty Rare Items/Gifts

Post by hellafied Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 am

I was just curious as to what kind of rare items you guys may have come across in the game. I have my fame about halfway up and my honor all the way up and people have been approaching me in town to gift me with rare items or money. So far I have acquired a golden rosary that a nun gave me, which apparently makes the enemy more likely to miss when firing upon me. There is also a rabbits-foot you can buy, probably not as rare, but it also provides a support ability of harvesting more animal parts from time to time.

I was just curious as to what other rare or support items other people may have acquired. I remember R* pictures that revealed a double-bandolier that would criss-cross your torso but I have yet to discover this. I have also yet to find the binoculars but I don't think I'm far enough in the game yet as I have been playing the singleplayer at a rather slow pace.

What'd you find?
    Doodle
    Doodle
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 304
    Wanted Level : 12

Rare Items/Gifts Empty Re: Rare Items/Gifts

Post by Doodle Fri May 28, 2010 4:41 am

I got the binoculars (get from a mission), You buy the Rabbit foot, you buy the Double Bandolier from general store. I HAD all the gold from treasure hunts but sold them for $$$$.

Never heard of people gifting you and ive nearly got full fame...
    Fate
    Fate
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 378
    Wanted Level : 21

Post by Fate Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm

I have theee rabbits foot, binoculars, rosary beads and that's about it D:

Mind telling me what area the general store is that sells the double bandolier? Very Happy
    Doodle
    Doodle
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 304
    Wanted Level : 12

Post by Doodle Fri May 28, 2010 4:13 pm

I think i got it from armadillo. But im sure they sell it everywhere
    hellafied
    hellafied
    Branded
    Branded

Post by hellafied Fri May 28, 2010 4:13 pm

You have to hang out in a town for a couple of days.. play poker.. night watch missions.. etc. I was at the MacFarlane Ranch when the nun who apparently came all the way from Escalera approached me with the rosary.
    hellafied
    hellafied
    Branded
    Branded

Post by hellafied Sun May 30, 2010 6:31 am

Shit. I may have had an addition to this list of rare items when I rode out of range of a person in Chuparosa who exclaimed "OH THERE YOU ARE. IT'S REALLY YOU!! 'BEEN LOOKIN' EVERYWHERE FOR YOU." When I rode back on my horse the blue dot disappeared from my map and the person forgot about me. Shucks.
    Fate
    Fate
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 378
    Wanted Level : 21

Post by Fate Sun May 30, 2010 7:06 am

hellafied wrote:Shit. I may have had an addition to this list of rare items when I rode out of range of a person in Chuparosa who exclaimed "OH THERE YOU ARE. IT'S REALLY YOU!! 'BEEN LOOKIN' EVERYWHERE FOR YOU." When I rode back on my horse the blue dot disappeared from my map and the person forgot about me. Shucks.

Same thing happened to me!... Only I... rode over them in my horse and they died <.<
    hellafied
    hellafied
    Branded
    Branded

Post by hellafied Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Fate wrote:I have theee rabbits foot, binoculars, rosary beads and that's about it D:

Mind telling me what area the general store is that sells the double bandolier? Very Happy

Yea.. I still haven't found it. I am positive I saw a "Double Bandolier" Item in a pre-release screenshot, which would look awesome on John, but still haven't had any luck locating one.

Hey Doodle, you sure you got the Double Bandolier? Or maybe just confused with the Bandolier which doubles your ammo? If not, what point in the game did you get it? No spoilers please, nearing the end right now.
    Sonik
    Sonik
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 165
    Wanted Level : 3

Post by Sonik Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:31 am

After a bounty mission in which I had fun for like at least 30 minutes, some dude comes up to me and said 'Hey are you John Marston? I heard once you killed 72(forgot how many) men.' that was it.
    The nun gave it to me in Mexico and some dude in Thieves Landing gave me some money
    Rare items would also be the meat,heart etc. from the legendary animals, I kept them with the buffalo parts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:52 pm