Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wild Bunch is an outlaw posse in Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption.

Join the: Wild Bunch Cafe Press Shop and Facebook Posse! Wild Bunch GALLERY now officially open!
BIG SPENDER: lifeundone
Donate to get whores for the Whore Shop! All money donated will help me pay for the site. Thanks!
Rock Star sent us an EXCLUSIVE screenshot! Check it out HERE!

+5
Fate
ray4594
NiceMarmot
El Loony
lifeundone
9 posters

why do people keep old posts active?

lifeundone
    lifeundone
    Chat Sheriff
    Chat Sheriff

Whores : 927
    Wanted Level : -10

why do people keep old posts active? Empty why do people keep old posts active?

Post by lifeundone Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:54 pm

why do people keep old posts active? because they want rank. simple right? well stop spam posting please its not really posting. start a new post you get more whores that way and there wont be an ass load of one lines. not the good funny ones just the spam like cool, i thought of that first but didnt post it, and i just wanted to post here. those are spam so please stop the spam.
    El Loony
    El Loony
    Brigand
    Brigand

Whores : 436
    Wanted Level : 8

why do people keep old posts active? Empty Re: why do people keep old posts active?

Post by El Loony Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Then that would bring a lot of new topics that will get 1 or 2 responses.
    NiceMarmot
    NiceMarmot
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 141
    Wanted Level : 9

why do people keep old posts active? Empty Re: why do people keep old posts active?

Post by NiceMarmot Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:59 am

Yeah, loony's right. You should stop and learn how forums work before complaining.
    NiceMarmot
    NiceMarmot
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 141
    Wanted Level : 9

Post by NiceMarmot Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 pm

cool
    lifeundone
    lifeundone
    Chat Sheriff
    Chat Sheriff

Whores : 927
    Wanted Level : -10

Post by lifeundone Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:49 pm

im talking about spam like above thats, spam. just to move up in rank thats sad.
    ray4594
    ray4594
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 271
    Wanted Level : 7

Post by ray4594 Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

I agree with the spamming, it is quite annoying but i does not affect us in any way. If you are worried about rank, the forum ranks will have no affect at all with your in game rank (at the moment). So they can spam all they want but it does not make a difference. And if you want to make a message out of this, you should direct it to the top poster who joined the forum the latest.
    Fate
    Fate
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 378
    Wanted Level : 21

Post by Fate Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:12 pm

I believe it's called "bumping" the thread.
    There's a simple way to solve it y'see, any thread that hasn't had a post in two weeks should be considered dead, if one posts in a "dead" thread just to boost their posts and rank they should be punished.

Cool
    El Loony
    El Loony
    Brigand
    Brigand

Whores : 436
    Wanted Level : 8

Post by El Loony Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:17 pm

I also wonder if people realize there's an "Edit" Button here, instead of posting a new reply.
    DannyTheDog
    DannyTheDog
    Henchman
    Henchman

Whores : 308
    Wanted Level : 4

Post by DannyTheDog Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 pm

i noticed a couple of guys doing that to get a really high number of posts. also new members do it to get drifter rank then they disappear off the site which is just as annoying. im pretty sure its only the same two guys who want to get into the top posters list though, not that im naming the two guys at the top of the list though.
    Balboa2
    Balboa2
    Outlaw
    Outlaw

Whores : 796
    Wanted Level : 18

Post by Balboa2 Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Listen to ray going.....Seeing as he is the number 5 top poster. Some ppl just like to post. I do agree with the old post's and what not and ppl should just post one word responses but you don't gotta become a cry baby over it. lol.
    Duskbed
    Duskbed
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 189
    Wanted Level : 11

Post by Duskbed Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Ah, the dreaded necroposting. Yeah, people just need to use some common sense when deciding if they're going to revive a thread or make a new one.
    ray4594
    ray4594
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 271
    Wanted Level : 7

Post by ray4594 Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Balboa2 wrote:Listen to ray going.....Seeing as he is the number 5 top poster. Some ppl just like to post. I do agree with the old post's and what not and ppl should just post one word responses but you don't gotta become a cry baby over it. lol.
    Nice to call on names since I was here for some time. Not to mention you shot over the ranks and got above Bitter Marston, Looney, and Marshal. I'm the fifth top poster, but your the first. You werent even on the top poster listings a week ago until the spamming. I honestly dont want to argue about something this stupid, but if your going to call out names and point people out when your a perfect example of this topic, then go ahead and get offended for all I care.
    Creepsville
    Creepsville
    Enforcer
    Enforcer

Whores : 345
    Wanted Level : 36

Post by Creepsville Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Let's not all start waving our post count around as if it were our...length count...

Ray -- Balboa is done reacting like he did earlier today and all is well. If you guys have more to discuss then PMs would do the trick I'm sure.

Until then let's lock this baby up and move on to less person stabbings. pirat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 pm