Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wild Bunch is an outlaw posse in Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption.

Join the: Wild Bunch Cafe Press Shop and Facebook Posse! Wild Bunch GALLERY now officially open!
BIG SPENDER: lifeundone
Donate to get whores for the Whore Shop! All money donated will help me pay for the site. Thanks!
Rock Star sent us an EXCLUSIVE screenshot! Check it out HERE!

5 posters

My anti FAQ for Gamespot forums, please proofread and suggest additions plz!

Nah Tso Gud
    Nah Tso Gud
    Drifter
    Drifter

Whores : 20
    Wanted Level : 0

My anti FAQ for Gamespot forums, please proofread and suggest additions plz! Empty My anti FAQ for Gamespot forums, please proofread and suggest additions plz!

Post by Nah Tso Gud Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 am

K ignore the html etc. This is possible sticky material over at gamespot, theres been alot of repeat topics over there and hopefully this would combat that..... This is a pretty basic run through of what we know... a more in depth version can be found on the IGN forums created by Old_BenKenobi. Let me know if I missed anything good! Maybe youll even learn something new lol. This is a rough draft and it may be a tad cluttered :S

Overview

The era of the cowboy is coming to an end.

When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw John Marston is sent across the American frontier to help bring the rule of law. Experience intense gun battles, dramatic train robberies, bounty hunting and duels during a time of violent change.

Red Dead Redemption is an epic battle for survival in a beautiful open world as John Marston struggles to bury his blood-stained past, one man at a time.

Developed by Rockstar San Diego, Red Dead Redemption is coming for Xbox 360®️ and PlayStation®️3 computer entertainment system on May 18, 2010 in North America and on May 21, 2010 in Europe.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    - RDR will be using RAGE ( Rockstar Advanced Game Engine ) coupled with Euphoria for the physics. This combination was used in Rockstars Grand Theft Auto IV. These will of course be updated and optimized in comparison to GTA IV.
    - So far, apparent similarities that can be witnessed between GTA IV and RDR are the mini-map, the third person view, and.. to an extent.. the aiming and cover systems.
    - This is a spiritual successor / sequel to Red Dead Revolver. However, the only things it really has in common with Revolver are the first 2 words in the title, the western genre, and the core shooting mechanic – Dead Eye. It is officially stated that there is no connection between characters in the games, although some locations seem to be shared between the games ( easter egg?.... relevance? ).

Basics ( A lot of comparisons to GTA IV for a reference point )
    - The entire area of RDRs map is approximately 3-4 times the size of GTA IV, or twice the size of GTA SA ranging from Mexican desert to pine forests and mountains.
    - Euphoria brings dynamic physics to the game causing enemies to ride the motion of a gunshot in a very realistic manner. Damage on NPCs is area specific, if someone is shot in the back their body will arch forward and they will throw their arms in the air. If someone is shot in the foot or leg they will limp or possibly even begin to crawl away and beg for mercy. Hands will be rendered useless if shot.
    - Less single player missions than GTA IV, but they will be longer in length, using mid mission checkpoints for some of the longer missions
    - Regenerative health will be used as opposed to GTA IVs health system
    - Cover system similar to GTA IV
    - Saving the game can be done by mobile campsites, or by renting a room.
    - Interactive Ecosystem featuring approximately 40 animals, both domestic and wild..some of which will attack you and even feed off eachother.
    - Random dynamic events
    - Dynamic weather system - fog, thunder storms, snow, dynamic cloud formations, heat wave effects brilliant lightening.
    - Many side missions
    - “Dead Eye” mode slows down the game into bullet time allowing you to more accurately place shots and take out enemies
    - Honor, your actions will affect how you are seen in the eyes of the people and can positively or negatively affect your standing with law officers and shop salesmen, maybe more.
    - Fame, will let you know how well known you are
    - There will be economy throughout the world, where you can buy and sell items.
    - 100s of unique characters including different races, dialects, and accents. These people will live out their daily lives i.e. work during the day, hit the saloon at night.

Transportation
    - Horse, the main mode of transport throughout the world
    o Different breeds throughout the game will have different stats, like speed, health, stamina, etc.
    o If you find yourself without a horse you can steal one or lasso and break a wild horse, which requires you to balance on it while it bucks around for a duration of time.
    o The blue meter to the left of the mini map is the horses stamina bar, this will go down if you ride your horse to hard, and apparently will decrease slightly if you ride your horse on rough / unforgiving terrain such as through the scrub brush in the desert.
    o You can spur your horse to increase its speed, if you work your horse to hard it may buck you off
    o After an amount of time spent with a horse you create a bond with it decreasing the chance it will buck you off – you will be able to whistle to call it to your side, if someone happens to try to steal your horse you can whistle causing it to buck off the thief
    o Apparently if you run towards a horse you can “vault” on to him to quickly saddle up

- Stagecoaches
    - Trains
    - Steamboat
    - Hand drawn ferry to cross rivers.
    - Automobiles, not sure how usable/practical they will be in the game though.
    - Hailing stagecoaches will be similar to taxi’s in GTA IV, you can pay for a ride, choose to skip the trip or actually ride it out.. you can change the speed of which the coach travels, and you can also switch spots, more than likely in case a gun fight ensues…
    - “Quick travel” will be available by choosing a destination from your campsite, by stagecoach, or by train.

Weapons
    - Pistols ( revolvers, semi-automatic, and a fully auto Mauser )
    - Shotguns
    - Rifles
    - Sniper rifles
    - Dynamite
    - Fire bottles
    - Knives ( both handheld, and throwing knives
    - Lasso
    o The lasso can be used to rope and hogtie people, for instance; you can lasso an outlaw, hogtie them, and then sling them over your horse to ride them back to the local law enforcement. You can also lasso a person while mounted on your horse and drag them with the ability to release the rope at your own will.
    - Gatling gun
    - Machine gun
    - Canons
    - There will be TNT barrels and kerosene lamps spread throughout the world that can be shot, causing them to explode or spread fire onto nearby enemies.
    - Dead Eye will be available in 3 stages, the red meter to the right of the mini map displays how much Dead Eye you have “built up” which is done by killing enemies. You can use Dead Eye on horseback, with weapons including pistols, shotguns, rifles, even throwing knives… maybe more.

o 1st Phase – Slows down time allowing you to line up a shot
    o 2nd Phase – You paint your targets by passing the reticule over enemies
    o 3rd Phase – Can place multiple shots individually
    Side Quests / Things to do
    - Hunting, you can then skin the animals and sell their furs, meat, etc.
    - Bounty Hunting, return bandits dead or alive.
    - Treasure Hunting, you will earn treasure maps in the game, which will show an illustration of a specific land formation and the location of the treasure, as opposed to just marking the treasure on a your map / mini map in a waypoint like method.
    - Bank Robbing
    - Horseshoes
    - Poker ( Gambling )
    - Blackjack ( Gambling )
    - Five Finger Filet ( Gambling ) a QTE, where you hit buttons as theyre displayed on the screen.
    - Sharpshooting, triggered by shooting down vultures, possibly other variations of this.
    - Drinking
    - Night Watchman, you get a dog to accompany you for this one, making sure criminals don’t run a muck during the dark hours of the night.
    - Herding Cattle, Im thinking this will be similar to GUN, you can see this in action in the Life in the West video.

The Map
    - Three territories will make up the map with, with desert, prairies, forests, rivers, lakes, mountains. The territories are littered with farms, outposts, and towns with saloons, police stations, doctors, hotels with rooms to rent and save at, general stores, guns and ammo shops, and more.
    o The southern-most will be Nuevo Peraiso, Mexico… deserts, mesas, and a specific type of architecture.
    <I>http://media.rockstargames.com/products/rockstar/screenshot%20gallery/reddeadredemption/1/1280/47.jpg</i>

o New Austin will be the central area of the map, and it also seems to be the area which the story is based around, it will consist of deserts, prairie and some wooded areas towards the north, possibly even marshlands.
    <i>http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/features/thefrontier</i>

o The northern most territory is West Elizabeth, which is the most civilized portion of the game and is made up of pine forests and mountains, parts of this area to the far north will contain snow.
    <I>http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748481/red-dead-redemption/images/red-dead-redemption-20100223072306768.html?page=mediaFull</i> Couldn’t find a better shot of W.E. yet.

- Throughout the world you will encounter random events, ranging from Mexican military pursuing an escaped prisoner, to a pack of wolves chasing some poor guy across the plains, bandit attacks, or a bunch of lawmen in a firefight with a bunch of outlaws just to name a few. In the above examples, you could either take out the Mexican military, saving the prisoner… or you could capture the prisoner and return him to the military, who would then possibly execute him right after you did so. You could take out the wolves chasing the man, sit and idly and watch him inevitably take him down and feed on him, or just pop them all in the head and ride off into the sunset. In the instance with the law and outlaws, you could side with either faction for the battle, or sit back and watch the battle run its course.
    - If you decide to take out the entire population of a town, it will temporarily become a “ghost town”, steadily repopulating after a certain amount of time.
    Items
    - Campsite, the campsite is one way to save the game, you can set it up around the world at different locations, should the terrain permit it. Campsites will be upgradable allowing you to restock with ammo and things of that nature.
    - Bandanas, you can use these to disguise yourself whilst committing crime to keep the law off of you to some degree.
    - Binoculars, only seen in screen shots and cut-scenes thus far.
    - Plants, these can apparently be brought to a medicine man / doctor to create medicines or potions of some sort
    - Newspaper, you can purchase a newspaper and it will inform you of things happening in the world around you, it will tip you off about potential quests in the area as well.
    - Journal, this is a log where Marston keeps track of all the quests / missions.
    The Law
    - The wanted system is a little more in depth than GTA IVs is. There will be the “proximity of the law” circle that was in GTA IV, you can escape this proximity and rid yourself of any immediate ramifications.. but there will still be a bounty on your head. If your bounty is high enough, bounty hunters will begin to give chase to try to “collect” the reward over your head, people will form posses etc.
    - Witnesses must be present, and then they must report to a lawman for you to actually get into trouble, if you steal someone’s horse and leave them alive, they may run to the nearest town and report you to the authorities. This can be avoided, of course, by “disposing” of any and all witnesses.
    - Once you receive a bounty on your head, you have the option to pay it off yourself by buying a pardon letter, or by “earning your freedom” by doing work for the local sheriff or marshal, which ends up in them giving you a pardon letter.
    - Should you get caught by the law Marston will appear in jail ( not sure if it’s a cut scene or what ), it will list off your crimes you committed.
    Other
    - Multiplayer is confirmed
    - Cheats are confirmed
    - Social Club will play an active role
    - My social life fears May 18th 2010.

Links
    - Official Site
    o http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/
    - Videos
    o Debut Trailer
    <i> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV4ZPYZEIro</i>
    o My Name is Marston
    <i> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sU0PwzdMiY</i>
    o Gameplay Trailer: Intro
    <I> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU</i>
    o Gameplay Trailer: Weapons and Death
    <i> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj_cKIMrkUY</i>
    o Gameplay Trailer: Life in the West
    <i> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC9To8rBCGA</i>
    o The Law
    <i> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-srm9t9S8</i>
    o Women: Sinners, Saints and Survivors
    <i> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMuJFta0_U</i>
    o Gentlemen and Vagabonds
    <i> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDaVooAxxZw</i>
    Nah Tso Gud
    Nah Tso Gud
    Drifter
    Drifter

Whores : 20
    Wanted Level : 0

My anti FAQ for Gamespot forums, please proofread and suggest additions plz! Empty Re: My anti FAQ for Gamespot forums, please proofread and suggest additions plz!

Post by Nah Tso Gud Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:57 am

Added finishing moves to the weapons section
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Branded
    Branded

Whores : 83
    Wanted Level : 3

My anti FAQ for Gamespot forums, please proofread and suggest additions plz! Empty Re: My anti FAQ for Gamespot forums, please proofread and suggest additions plz!

Post by Maverick Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Hehe I go to the IGN boards too. Old_BenKenobi's Fact Sheet is really good. OH and this is well written, dont see anything bad here.
    NonDairy Soup
    NonDairy Soup
    Goon
    Goon

Whores : 132
    Wanted Level : 3

Post by NonDairy Soup Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Yeah this is intense, hombre.
    Bitter Marston
    Bitter Marston
    Outlaw
    Outlaw

Whores : 622
    Wanted Level : 19

Post by Bitter Marston Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:30 pm

sick now I can just go here instead of gamespot
    Balboa2
    Balboa2
    Outlaw
    Outlaw

Whores : 796
    Wanted Level : 18

Post by Balboa2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Haha, yeah that's pretty cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 am